Friday, June 26, 2015

Escaped Killers Still On The Lamb

Dannemora, NY (AIP) – In a stunning upset, political unknown Richard Matt has defeated incumbent James Tedisco (R,C,I –Glenvlle) in a election for the New York State Assembly, ending Tedisco’s hold on the seat that began in 2005.

“I can’t tell the wonderful folks of Dannemora how pleased I am to represent them,” said Matt, who first came to national attention when he and fellow convicted murderer David Sweat escaped from the Clinton Correctional Facility in Dannemora. “I can assure the people that I will use the same ‘get it done’ work ethic that I relied on to bang that hideous Joyce Mitchell over 100 times. I hated doing it, but we needed her and the power tools she provided.

"I'm all about getting it done for the good folks here in Dannemora.”

Meanwhile, authorities say that they hope to capture both escaped killers soon.

“We’re checking on some credible leads at this time and we won’t quit until they are recaptured,” said Clinton County District Attorney Andrew Wylie. “We’re hope that folks keep their eyes open and phone us if they see anything suspicious.

"Matt and Sweat will be caught. We will find them."

Matt, whose landslide 73 percent margin of victory set a New York State election record, spoke to supporters in the banquet room of the Hampton in Plattsburgh after his stunning victory.

“You folks are great Americans,” said Matt to the cheering crowd. “I’m going to Albany to represent you.”

In a related story, Matt’s escape accomplice David Sweat and his band The Diggers will be opening for Journey at the LaVell Edwards Stadium in Provo, UT on July 4, 2015.

No comments: