Monday, April 6, 2015

Baseball's Hamilton Admits Mistakes

LOS ANGELES (AIP) – Angels outfielder Josh Hamilton stunned the major league baseball world Sunday when he announced that he has come to understand that he is ‘only human’, the first time a major league baseball player has admitted to both humanity, with all its foibles, and mortality.

“I’m just a guy,” said Hamilton. “I face the same demons and struggles that other men face in life. I guess, like other folks, I am prone to mistakes and errors of judgment.”

Veteran baseball sports writer Hume McCracken was stunned by the announcement.

“I find it very hard to believe that a player of Hamilton’s ability and experience is actually human,” said McCracken, speaking to reporters Sunday evening. “This guy has had some shining moments and some real lows, but for him to think he’s only human is stunning. I’m speechless.”

Hamilton confessed to 60 Minutes host Scott Pelley that life ‘is sometimes hard’.

“I screw up occasionally Scott,” said Hamilton. “Some mornings I wonder what it’s all about and some nights, in an effort to ease the pain I have a couple beers. I know I’ve done wrong. I’m just a man.”

Major League Baseball spokesman Michael Johnson was outraged.

“Okay, so Hamilton is merely mortal? He’s looking at least a minimum 60 game suspension,” said Johnson. “Fallible? Well, he’s going to have to pay for that.”

No comments: