Thursday, April 3, 2014

Golfing with Bobby

"I believe you've run a little off the tracks," Brian said distractedly.

Elden's friend Brian, the attorney, gulped a beer and worked his IPad.

"Is that a metaphor?"

"Yes, it is. As in train wreck."

Elden smiled into the mirror behind the bar. The mirror reflected that both his haircut was in order and that shirts should be ironed.

Saturday morning sun shone through the window. Elden with clinical detachment, noted that the bullet wound in his leg throbbed. Clearly the pain meds were top shelf.

"Face it Elden, you wrecked the BMW in a single car accident. You got shot in a convenience store at midnight. You're drinking too much. Hell, you're sitting in a bar on a Saturday morning at 11:00 a.m.."

"I'm only here now because you texted me to come down."

"Yes, well I'm a bad influence and you should ignore me. Yet another good example of your bad decision-making."

"Perhaps I should ignore you."

"Do so at your own risk you stupid fuck. I will be your legal counsel when you finally go too far."

"Threat?"

"Yes, now purchase us another round. You have nothing better to do."

"The vistas are unlimited from where I sit Brian."

"That's cause you're a dumb fuck."

"Helen Keller was deaf, dumb and blind and she went big time."

"But she had bigger tits."

"I need a new attorney, one that believes in me."


"You need a new drink."

No comments: